Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Weekend Blog Friends!

Today I am posting another new stamp set from Stamp A Mania (SAM).  Again, it is from the Marlena Wood Collection that SAM is premiering at the Mesa, Arizona, stamp convention this weekend. Next weekend, SAM will be at the Albuquerque stamp convention.  Get your shopping bags ready!

This collection features feathers and a bunny.  I love feathers....and bunnies too!  Isn't the bunny sweet with the little feather on his headband?  I embossed the feathers with SAM Detail Copper and SAM Weathered Copper embossing powders.  Love ~ love ~ love their embossing powders.  If you need to order any, you can find them at www.stampamania.com  Check out all the colors.

I cut out of of the little spirals for an "embellishment" at the top of the feathers.  Copics colored up the images.  Although you can't see it,  I used tiny dots of Stickles on to the girl's head band.  It's really hard to get bling to show up in photos.  Sometimes it does, but most of the time, not.  Embossed a piece of kraft colored card stock for the background; Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Distressed edges on white paper, and color distressed edges with Vintage Photo ink.  

Enjoy!






Closeup of Feathers.....Love these feathers!  Detailed Copper embossing powder is on the back black and kraft card stock.  Weathered Copper embossing powder (one of my very faves, is on the other black card stock).




Closeup of bunny.


6 comments:

  1. Another great card my friend....love the Bunny !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane. This set is probably my fave because of the feathers and bunny. You can do so many things with the feathers too. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. The feathers are SOOO awesome! Great job on the embossing and the layout is fun. Another wonderful card Geri. Hugs!
    P.S. Thanks for the link to the flowers. Her work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. Love the feathers and bunny. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. Love your card Geri. The bunny is delightful and I love that you popped him off the page. I gotta ask what's up with the down turned heads of the girls on the previous card and this one too? Artistic license by the artist I know, but I can't figure out if they're in a moment of prayer, maybe sympathy, being punished? Maybe I'm just reading to much into it. lol Lydia
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia. I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question about the heads turned down, but if you go to convention this weekend, ask Mark or Cynthia. They know the woman who did the art work for them. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...