Saturday, February 28, 2015

Masculine Card & ATC



Hello Friends!

Well, we have about 7-8" of new snow here, and hubby is out shoveling everyone out.  I hope wherever you are, you are warm and enjoying a cup of hot chocolate!  :o)

I'm sharing a card I made for stamp group.  Some of us trade ATC's, and one of the members prefers cards, altho I believe she's going to switch to ATC's soon.  As you can tell, I used my ATC to make the card.  

The deer is a punch.  I just love deer!  The background is a chocolate card stock that I embossed and has "bare trees" on it...like birch trees without leaves.   You can barely see the tree outlines, but they're there.  The feathers are SU dies and stamps.  I embossed the feathers with copper embossing powder from Stamp A Mania.  I'll tell you, they sell the BEST embossing powders I've ever used.  And the color range they carry is wonderful.  Check them out at:   stampamania.com

Embossed barbwire with black embossing powder, and the turquoise embellishment swirl is embossed in copper.  Layers of kraft, terra cotta and more chocolate card stock finish the card.




Thanks for stopping by today.  Stay warm!  Until next time.....

10 comments:

  1. For some reason this makes me think of Indians. I think it's the sharp angles of the embossing and the colors you chose. Very masculine. No snow here of course but it's still WAY too cold for this southern girl. Stay safe and warm Geri. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! Yes, I agree with you, this card definitely has that Southwest feel to it. These are some of my favorite color combinations to use. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Geri....I agree with the Quality and great colors of STAMPAMANIA's Embossing Powders, they are the best !!!!!
    Hugs
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Liane....LOVE the Stamp A Mania embossing powders. They really are the BEST! Thanks for stopping by today. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. I am the proud recipient of this card. it is even more beautiful in person! Yes, I AM switching to ATCs. These A7 cards are a lot more work, especially when we have to make 10-12 of them.
    I have a question, Geri, who makes that Deer punch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our little group isn't so "little" anymore! We're definitely growing. That's so nice because we'll have even more cards to trade and more inspiration from new people. Cool! I'm about 90% sure that the punch is the Hobby Lobby brand. I will check next time I go there. Thanks for stopping by today. Stay warm...you got more snow than Santa Fe. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
    2. The punch is by Paper Studio.... Hobby Lobby brand.

      Delete
    3. Great, thanks for taking time to look for it!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful Card Geri. I am thrilled that I have the ATC that goes with this card. I love your choices of layers to make the card from the ATC. I will miss getting MaryAnn's cards but look forward to the ATC's. You ladies are right about the group growing with talent and creative ideas. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lydia! Yes, it's really nice to see our little club grow and see what all these other creative ladies are up to. Fun, fun! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...