Wednesday, August 26, 2015

FISH STIX




Hi Blog Friends!


My post today is a card I call FISH STIX.  

I stamped the fish on sticks, using a black ink pad.  The sticks feel like balsa wood, very light.  I purposely cut them into different lengths.  I made the background paper by stamping a crackle kind of pattern, as I wanted it to resemble "under water."  Although it's a little hard to see....the design is glittery.  Look on the left-hand side toward the top.  Then I stamped a tiny fish and placed a glass piece on top of it.  Behind the sticks is a piece of netting.  The main background is silver metallic card stock.

I'll be gone from the blog for awhile.  Just wanted to give you all a heads up.  I'll be back as soon as I can.




Thanks for stopping by to visit.  I'll be back later, so until next time.....
Hugs,
Geri xo

6 comments:

  1. Great idea Geri, looks like a Fred Mullet stamp. Love his stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I think it was a little Fred Mullet fish that I used. Love his fish stamps! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. That is awesome :) it reminds me a bit of driftwood and a found glittery glass treasure on the seashore :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Etha. Happy to see you on the blog. Thanks for signing up to follow! Can't wait to meet you. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun play on words. Very clever and I love all the texture. Please keep me posted. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracy. I do watercolor paintings of different trout species found in New Mexico. Love fish! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...