Friday, November 27, 2015

GEMS AND GEARS




Hi Friends,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much turkey.......we're just cooking our bird today.  Today I have a card to share that was so much fun to make.  It has an embossed background, and gears that were cut out of Tim Holtz' grungeboard.  I used three different size gear dies.  Alcohol inks were used to color the gears, and I added a little metallic paint to them as well.  Brushed the embossed background with distress inks, then added gemstones to the center of the gears.  




I've been remiss in posting lately.  :o(
The days are slipping away.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.  Until next time.....


4 comments:

  1. Hi Geri - Love the brilliant colors on this. I hope you put your rubber gloves on for the alcohol inks! Thanks for sharing. xo, Chanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stranger! Nice to see your note on the blog. I confess, I did not wear rubber gloves that day. Maybe that's why I haven't made more. lol Thanks for stopping by. Hope all is well with you. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Cool textures Geri. Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. Lots going on. I'll send you an email later. Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...