Thursday, April 23, 2015

Revisiting the "Brayering Technique"



Happy Weekend Friends!

I came across this card that I made some time back, and thought I'd post the "Brayering Technique" I used on it.  For some reason, brayering has never come easy to me, but this card turned out the way I think brayering should look.  lol

Mr. Mark, from Stamp A Mania stamps likes to tease me about the brayering technique.  If I can't do it so that it looks really good, I'm not happy, ask Mark.   I have to tell you, one year I got the flu when I was supposed to demo the brayering technique for Mark & Cynthia at stamp convention.  Dear Hubby said "I've watched you enough, I can do that, and I'll go to convention and demo!"  Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather....never thought I'd hear those words come out of his mouth.  He went, did the demo all day, and sold lots of product for Stamp A Mania.  Mark said the second day of convention, the ladies returned to the booth and kept asking "where's Randy?"  Oh my!

Anyway, here's the card.  Because the image takes up so much of the space, I left it pretty simple.  I added the decorative corners to the black card stock, and then finished it off with a little Stickles on the feathers.  

So ladies, get out those brayers and get going.  If you do any brayering, I'd love to see what you've done!

By the way.....I've been playing with some of the Stamp A Mania fabulous Embossing Powders.  I'll be posting a card soon.  If you want the BEST embossing powders ever, go to www.stampamania.com and take a look at all the wonderful colors they offer.  You won't be disappointed in the superior quality of their powders.




Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this but it looks beautiful to me Geri. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stanger! So nice to see you here today. :o) I've been checking in on you, and have left comments. You're doing some really cool things....as always. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...